Richard Hammond is a British television presenter, writer, and journalist known for his involvement in the car program “Top Gear” alongside Jeremy Clarkson and James May. Here is some information about him:
- Net Worth: Richard Hammond has a net worth of $45 million.
- Date of Birth: He was born on December 19, 1969, which makes him 53 years old (as of the current date).
- Place of Birth: Hammond was born in Solihull, Warwickshire, United Kingdom.
- Gender: He is male.
- Height: Richard Hammond is 5 feet 7 inches tall, which is approximately 1.702 meters.
- Profession: Hammond has a versatile career, including roles as a journalist, presenter, radio personality, author, writer, voice actor, television producer, screenwriter, and stunt performer.
- Nationality: He is a British national.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
- Hammond’s early life included moving to Ripon in the mid-1980s, where he attended Ripon Grammar School and Harrogate College of Art and Technology.
- He started his career in radio, working for various BBC radio stations, such as Radio Cleveland, Radio York, Radio Cumbria, Radio Leeds, and Radio Newcastle.
- Hammond is best known for his role as a co-presenter on the popular British motoring show “Top Gear.”
- He joined “Top Gear” in 2002 when the show underwent a format revamp and continued on it until March 2015.
- Hammond was given the nickname “The Hamster” by fans on the show due to his relatively small stature compared to his co-presenters.
- In September 2006, Hammond was involved in a high-speed dragster crash while filming a “Top Gear” segment, resulting in a severe coma and memory loss.
Other Television Work
- Besides “Top Gear,” Hammond has been involved in various other television projects, including hosting “Brainiac: Science Abuse,” presenting “Crufts” dog show, and numerous other shows and specials.
- When the “Top Gear” team moved from the BBC to Amazon Studios in 2016, Richard Hammond started earning an annual salary of $7 million.
- Richard Hammond has been married to Amanda “Mindy” Hammond since May 2002, and they have two daughters.
- He is an animal lover and owns various animals, including horses, dogs, cats, chickens, ducks, sheep, and a peacock.
- Hammond is a fan of Porsche cars, particularly the Porsche 911.
- He has owned several models of the Porsche 911 and has expressed his admiration for the Pagani Zonda.
- His car collection also includes American muscle cars and other vehicles like a BMW 850Ci and a Fiat 500 TwinAir.
- The Hammond family lives in Herefordshire, in a mock castle.
- They also have an apartment in London and a villa in Saint-Tropez.
- In 2012, it was reported that he spent £2 million on Bollitree Castle.